contact tic

Recent Tweets

Thinking of putting on an event?

Event organising can be great fun and very rewarding, but it can also be very stressful. Most of the stress is caused when event organisers are unaware as to where to go and who to talk to about various aspects of running an event.

A fun event, is a safe event, and making sure that you have adequately considered the health and safety aspects of an event is just as important as booking the right acts and entertainment.

East Cambridgeshire District Council can offer general information on event organising as well as advice on health and safety aspects, including details of whether you need to obtain a licence for your event.

East Cambridgeshire District Council owns/manages the following open spaces in Ely, Ely Park (Cherry Hill), Jubilee Gardens, Palace Green, Cross Green, Lavender's Place and Pocket Park. If you feel that one of these locations may be suitable for your event, you can find the conditions of hire and a booking form below:

Completed booking forms to be returned (together with a completed health & safety risk assessment, and copy public liability insurance cover) to: Lisa Quin, Administrative/Support Officer, Community Services Department, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE.

For more information on how to organise an event contact our Events Advice Support Team:

For general advice on organising an event:

Aileen Sharp, Tourism Development Officer, Tel: 01353-665555

For specific licensing enquiries (including alcohol and live music advice):

Licensing Officer, Commercial Team Environmental Services Division, Tel: 01353-665555

For Health & Safety enquiries, including food issues:

Commercial Team, Environmental Services Division, Tel: 01353-665555

To Hire Open Spaces:

Lisa Quin, Administrative/Support Officer, Tel: 01353-665555

Further information: