- Our Blog
- Tourist Information Centre
- Plan Your Journey
- Opening Times & Contact Information
- Gift Shop
Shopmobility is a scheme to provide electrically powered scooters and manual wheelchairs to help people who have limited mobility - through permanent or temporary disablement, accident, illness, or pregnancy - to shop and use the other facilities in Ely
At Visit Ely we are committed to helping everyone enjoy their time spent in the City and to offer assistance in any way possible. If you have any queries regarding access to information, or attractions or accommodation please do contact us and we will do our best to assist.
Car Parking - Disabled Parking Spaces
For more information about disabled parking, please visit the District Council's website, where you will find car park maps and detailed information about parking times/restrictions.
A free service for anyone who finds it difficult to get about town. Shopmobility is a scheme to provide electrically powered scooters and manual wheelchairs to help people who have limited mobility - through permanent or temporary disablement, accident, illness, or pregnancy - to shop and use the other facilities in Ely. The service must be pre-booked. More information about how to use this service can be found on the District Council's main website.
Dial-a-Ride services are like a flexible bus service, using fully accessible minibuses and picking up passengers at their own homes. To use a dial a ride scheme you need to pay a modest annual membership fee and book your place at least two days in advance of when you want to travel. There are three Dial-a-Ride schemes in the district. Concessionary bus pass holders pay half fare on all three services. To find out more about using this service, please go to the community transport information on the District Council's website.
Disabled Toilet Facilities in Ely
The following Council toilets provide access for visitors in wheelchairs. All are part of the RADAR Key scheme. RADAR Keys can be purchased from Ely Tourist Information Centre priced at £3.50.
Disabled toilets in Ely are available at:
- Barton Road
- Ship Lane
- Cloisters Shopping Centre
Disabled facilities are also available in Soham, Wicken and Littleport.
To find out more about toilet facilities in Ely, visit the District Council's website, where you will find out detailed information and location maps.
Access to Tourist Information Centre
We aim to provide an excellent service to all visitors and continually strive to improve. Located in the reception area of Oliver Cromwell's House is Ely's Tourist Information Centre which provides comprehensive information on Ely and the surrounding area as well as regional and national leaflets and brochures.
- Our E-mail address is email@example.com
- Telephone number 01353 662062 Fax 01353 668518
- A Hearing Loop is available in the Tourist Information Centre
- Radar toilet facilities are available at Barton Road Car Park, Cloisters, Market Place, Ely, Ship Lane Car Park, Ely. Radar keys can be purchased from the Tourist Information Centre.
- The nearest Shop Mobility scheme is at the Ely Museum, The Old Gaol, Ely, CB7 4LS Tel: 01353 666655. The scheme operates Thurs - Fri - Sat 10.30 - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
- Taxis are available from Market Street, Ely or Ely Train Station
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We do not have parking facilities at Ely Tourist Information Centre
- We have a disabled bay which is 10 metres from the Tourist Information Centre
- The nearest free short stay public car park is 250 metres away at St Mary's Street, Ely.
- The nearest long stay public car park is 500 meters away at Barton's Road. The routes from the car parks are along pavements which aresmooth, flat and level.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The entrance to Ely Tourist Information Centre is at ground level and has easy wheelchair access.
- A Hearing Loop is on the reception counter.
Public Areas - WC
- Nearest public wheelchair accessible toilet within 300 meters of Oliver Cromwell's House
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- Not available, but facilities a short walk away.
- Wheelchair access to the shop, which is in the Tourist Information Centre.
- The Hearing Loop is on the counter in the gift shop.
- Services dogs are welcome.
- We operate a no smoking policy.
- There is no background music or tannoy within the Tourist Information Centre
- Address: 29 St Mary's Street, Ely, CB7 4HF
- Telephone: 01353 662062
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of operation: 1st April - 31st October 10.00 am - 5.00 pm daily including Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays
- 1st November - 31st March 11.00 am - 4.00 pm Monday - Friday and Sundays. Closed 25th & 26th December and 1st January
Telephone numbers for wheelchair accessible taxis: Fencabs 01353 669966, A10 Taxis 01353 661010, Alan's Taxis 01353 667518.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01353 662062 or email email@example.com.
- British Red Cross - click here
- Cambridge Deaf Association - click here
- Cam Sight - click here
- Bartrams Mobility - click here
- Directions Plus - click here